Return to Hockey possibilities, News (Collingwood Minor Hockey)

News Article
News Article Image
Jan 03, 2021 | David Epp | 632 views
Return to Hockey possibilities
Hi CMHA Families,

On December 29th, the Board met and discussed options moving forward for January 23rd, the end of the 28 day lockdown period.  It is important to note that we remain fluid depending on provincial decisions and nothing is absolute.  We would also like you know that prorated refunds are in place should we not return to hockey or if you elect to refund due to the virus related lockdown.

We don't know what is in store at this time in the Province following January 23rd however some possibilities exist.  We would like to emphasize to the membership that there is no rush to end minor hockey on that date.  We also feel there is no reason we can't extend our season from March to May. 

So having said that, there is potential for a continued lockdown or 14 days or longer.  If this happens, we would weigh out our options at that time, deciding how long it would have to go, before we call and end to the season.

If at January 23rd we go to "red zone" then we feel important to keep developing the kids in hockey to a minimum of 1 practice per week.  Families would need to decide if they support this interim decision as we hopefully inch closer to "orange zone".  There will be short period of time where families can decide if they do not wish to continue and can opt for refund.

Lastly, if following the lockdown, we can go straight to "orange zone", we would continue with game play and start a second half to the season.  Once again, we would extend the season as long as possible in this event.  Setting up new teams within the same bubble will be an option for the 2nd half to season.

Stay positive that we will get back to game play and return to the success we had Sep-Dec 2020.  After all, we went orange-red-grey, maybe we can do the same in reverse over the next few weeks.
The Legion Collingwood