Hockey starts back next week!
Submitted By David Epp
on Friday, September 18, 2020
For all parents and kids, please read the following as we are back to hockey. It has been a lengthy process and thank you for understanding we've had a number of challenges and completely new guidelines to Return to Hockey.
apologize if there's been a lack of information however we only just
received our Certificate of Insurance, the Town of Collingwood approval,
our extended Registration just closed, and so we've been able to assign
kids to rosters, meet with the Coaches, confirm our Ice Contract, and
now finally schedule some sessions.
- The CMHA has been working hard to get the kids allocated to a team and in 50 person bubbles as per OMHA guidelines.
- Last night CMHA had a meeting with each divisions coaches to go over team layout and overall plan. If you have an interest in coaching and were not at last night's meeting please send them to [email protected] and he will pass them along as we still have spots that need to be filled.
- Rosters are being check over and finalized to make sure we have everyone allocated to a team.
- The coaches will be emailing their teams to let them know, and development skate sessions will be communicated shortly. We have 2 weeks of practice skates before game play can start.
- If you have concerns please hold off addressing them until after the first few weeks as CMHA main focus is to get hockey started and we can address individual concerns at a later date.
- Remember due to Covid 19 we have many new challenging guidelines that we need to follow and adhere to. OMHA is not allowing evaluations or tryouts so CMHA is forced to assign players off previous years rosters and have done our best to allocate each individual to the correct division.
- Hockey will be starting Sept 21st. Looking at one skate a week in September and increasing as more ice time becomes available in October. We are working toward getting Eddie Bush open as well.
This article has been viewed 433 times.